We look for candidates that are invested in education, dedicated to doing good, and committed to their own personal growth. Chicago Teacher Residents not only pride themselves on their resiliency and grit but on their passion for the work.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
– Bachelor’s Degree by June 2019
– Preferred GPA of 3.0 in last 50 hours of university coursework
– U.S Citizen, national or permanent resident
For Licensed Teachers Only
– Illinois Educator License by 2019
– 2 or fewer years of full-time teaching experience
A Note About Testing
In order to enroll in the program, you will need to submit qualifying scores from either the ACT, SAT or TAP (Test of Academic Proficiency). We accept scores up to ten years old.
Jasmyne Portee, a first grade teacher and an alumnae of the Chicago Teacher Residency Class of 2013, shares how the program helped her form the grit she needs to find success every day in the classroom.